Blogger boggle

Welcome to Opengyan!

For resources related to preparation for examinations conducted by UPSC, go to this link : Start

Opinions shared here are personal and not related to my professional position or capacity. Aim is to work on improving lives of people, with truth and service.

Friday 25 March 2016

Interview diaries 2

I have appeared for 4 mocks till now and have realized that it is largely a futile exercise. Mock interviews are turning into chess boards. So much analysis, counter analysis going on in minds of interviewer and interviewee. It is just tiresome. I feel it is better that you build a pleasant personality over time instead of putting on an attractive mask that hides the flaws. While many say that content is of very less weightage in personality test (about 8-10%) I see most of the interview leaning towards knowledge test. Further, the whole experience just drains you as you feel that there were many things on your DAF which they could have asked and many relevant current issues otherwise.
I suppose the same happens in the upsc interview too, questions seldom matching expectations. But, from what I have heard from close friends, the panel touches upon many things -- economy, polity, society, IR, general discussion. So, it is a well rounded testing and experience. They see what you know and how you present it. While most of the mocks are about what you know and what you dont.
Well, I cant blame the mock interviewers. They have been doing it for years and I suppose somehow that brings in fixed templates about process and people in their minds.

5 days to go. I have so much left to read, which I feel I ought to know, but again I at times think, yaar waise bhi kucch aur hi poochhenge ye log. But, the game is not about feeling or thinking, it is about working...ceaselessly.

So, lets get back to work.

2 comments:

  1. achha hoga sir...all the best for ur interview..hope to see u in top 20...it would be a proud feeling for mechie guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for your interview sir.

    ReplyDelete